Thursday, October 23, 2014

Three Cheers for Cheerfulness!

I bought these coloring books at the grocery store the other day...


Sure, it was kinda on a whim and most 22 year old girls probably don't buy too many coloring books, unless maybe if they already have children, but hey! I like to color. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Well I got up to the counter and was checking out when the cashier decided to start up a conversion.

Cashier: "Aren't you a little old for Batman...?"

Me: "Step off, man! These are my stress relievers! Life isn't easy, you know. And sometimes I over-react and over-think and over-analyse and get over-whelmed and sometimes you just need to do something to get rid of all that! Don't you know there's an article going around Facebook about how coloring isn't just for kids? It's for adults too? Geeze, man! I'm just a 22 year old girl, trying to get by in this crazy, mixed-up world! Can't a woman just buy some coloring books and crayons without an interrogation?!?"

Okay...

maybe I didn't say all that...

maybe I didn't actually think all those exact words that dramatically at the time...
and maybe I was a little embarrassed and guiltily a wee bit offended, 
and maybe I knew the boy was just trying to be nice.
(even though it still wasn't the kindest comment for him to make...) 

So here's how the conversation actually went...

Cashier: "Aren't you a little old for Batman...?"

Me: "Yeah, but my nephews aren't."

Yup.

What do you mean?? I didn't lie... that is 100% true, my nephews aren't too old for Batman.
Sure maybe by saying that I may have led the boy to believe that the coloring books weren't for me,
which is not true, (Sorry nephews. You can maybe use them when you come over sometime...)
but I was still truthful.

So after that, I got in my car, Redbox in hand, went home and laid on the family room floor while I watched some people compete in song, then watched two terminally ill teens fall in love and inspire their audience to love and live life. 


Anyway, here's some pics of the pages I've colored so far...



...and I'm here to tell you boys and girls...

You're Never Too Old for ANYTHING. 

ESPECIALLY coloring.

No comments:

Post a Comment