Friday, April 19, 2013

She Was Called to Serve and Now She's Off

In case you haven't read my most recent post preceding this one, let me give you a little background. My best friend is named Shealeigh Smith. She has made the choice to serve a mission for the LDS Church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints), also known as the Mormons. Shealeigh does not have to dedicate these two years to spreading the gospel. No one told her that it was required of her or even requested that she do this. She personally made that choice with help from the Lord. If you want to know more about Shealeigh, and why she made the choice to serve, click here. Shea is such a good example to me of living the gospel and simply preaching it in the way you live, the way you love others and everything you do.

Here's a few pics we snapped before walking out the door and saying goodbye to the incredible Sister Smith for the next 18 months.

Ash, Shea, Me and Letty. Boy will Ash and I miss these Girls. Shealeigh entered the MTC yesterday to serve her mission in Las Vegas and Letty will be leaving on a mission to Bolivia in a few weeks.

Last Pic with SheaBay before she's off to spread the good word. I miss her a ton already (I've already sent her two letters and she hasn't even been gone a full two days) but I am so grateful for her willing sacrifice and I know that she'll be blessed for her courage and desire to serve the Lord.
If you are interested with meeting with missionaries like Shealeigh in your area, click here. Or, you can chat with them online by clicking here.

I am so grateful for the choice I've made to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, to live by it's teachings, and to be obedient to the teachings and council of it's leaders. I know that it is the true church, established by men who were inspired by God and who acted as servants in his hands. This Gospel has brought so much joy into my life and it can do the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment