Friday, April 19, 2013

Nostalgia

I know that I should be sleeping or studying right now but I can't help but feel a little nostalgic. It was a year ago that I left my home in Jerusalem and returned to my home and family here in America. They always tell you that home is where the heart is but who knew that your heart can be in so many places at once. Here are a few pics lol of my time spend abroad. If you want to learn more in depth about my experience, you can read about it here.

Hanging out with the Abu Lafi Family. These people are some of the most generous and compassionate people I've ever met.
Me and my Jerusalem roommates getting ready for Arab Culture night.
Me at the birthplace of Christ
Outside the Church of the Holy Sepulchre 
Inside the Church of the Holy Sepulchre
Door to the Church of the Nativity
Inside the Church of the Nativity
Beautiful sunset on a hike in the Golan Heights
Me at the Dome of the Rock
A shop in the old city
A map of Jerusalem, it's the center of the World you know...
Zacchaeus's Tree in Jericho. Read more about the story here.

Me, my roommate Emilie and my professor's son, Joe Ludlow,  drenched after a rainy day in the city.
At Machaeus, the site of the beheading of John the Baptist.

First glimpse of Petra, as seen in the Indiana Jones movie.
I'm on a Camel!
Me and two of my roommates in Jerusalem in front of the treasury in Petra.
The treasury. It was Huge!
Me inside a Mosque in Jordan.
Me at the River Jordan
Sign at the front gate of the center
The separation wall

Some of my Palestinian Friends
Dinner with the Kirresh Family. They are some incredible people and became some of my best friends. It was so hard to leave them.
Snow!
Sledding
After Sledding, we were so muddy!
Outside the Blue Mosque in Istanbul
Inside the Blue Mosque in Istanbul
Obama Baklava in Turkey!
Troy!
I can't believe I got to see so many bible pictures in real life
Church at the Mount of the Beattitudes
The Sea of Galilee
Beautiful Scenery in Galilee
Waterfall on our hike in the Golan Heights
Another pic of the beautiful Sunset on our hike in the Golan Heights.

Galilee
Sunset on the Sea of Galilee
The Jerusalem Center
Damascus Gate that leads into the old city
Street in the old city
Garden of Gethsemane
Church of All Nations at the Garden of Gethsemane
The western wall
In the Old City
Another Bible Pic
Passover Seder Meal
Below the Center
First glimpse of the Dome of the Rock on the bus ride arriving at the center for the first time.
Hezekiah's Tunnel
Raghad and her family. We love them! They are so selfless.
The view from the center at dusk
The View from my back room porch
Aladdin the Money Changer. (his name is pronounced Ah-lah-deen)
Beautiful Lutheran Church in the Old City
Me and Naceer. He offered me 50 camels to be his wife.
The Pool of Siloam where Christ healed the Blind man
Sunset in Shepherd's field near Bethlehem

No comments:

Post a Comment