Thursday, May 9, 2013

"Old Sports" and Regular Southern Bells

I have cool friends, some of which decided to start a book club this Spring and Summer. The first book we are reading is called "The Great Gatsby". I've never read it but aparently it's one of those books they make you read in grade school and that everyone but me knows about.

If you'd like to read the book for yourself, you can access the online version here.

In preparation for the book club we were to read the first four chapters (I read two) but there were few in the group who made it through them all. My dear friend Ashley and I decided to dress for the occasion complete with matching skirt and shirt, and adorable sun hats (I'd like to call special attention to Ashley's sun hat as we spent 45 minutes looking for it and were late to the book club meeting. As you can see, it was so worth it).


Book club was a huge success complete with stripped straws, plum colored cups, pleasantly pink lemonade, deep thoughts, thought provoking questions and a "butt load of bagels"-Andrew Lamprecht, club president.

No comments:

Post a Comment