Thursday, March 14, 2013

Spring Fever

If you know me, you know I'm not a super sporty girl. I can't kick a ball into a goal well, I'm not good at swinging a bat, before I looked it up on the internet, I didn't even know what a Bogey was. But there is one sport with which I have fallen in love...

ROLLERBLADING!!!

Tuesday, I got home from school and was planning on taking a nap. This week has the BEST weather this year, and I just didn't want to waste the warm weather and sunshine. I expressed this concern to my roommate Carly and she agreed with my reasoning that a day like this should not be wasted. She expressed her dismay at our lack of a motor scooter and I informed her that although I have no connections to get us a motor scooter, I know someone who's razor scooter she could probably borrow and I could use my blades. We resolved that this was what we were going to do. Carly was jealous of my awesome blades and asked my other roommate Sarah if she had any. BINGO! She had sweet purple and white, old school roller-skates. Car and I strapped the bad boys onto our feet, and we were off! Flyin' round town.


Crusin' through the town, we met some new friends, Russell and Justin. They could tell how much fun we were having and were jealous. Luckily they had 2 pair of their own blades, strapped them on, and joined us in tearin' up asphalt (and concrete). We were making a pit stop at my house when my friend Sam dropped by. He was getting out of his car as we were maneuvering down our front steps and saw the glory of the blades. Twist in the story, Sam actually knows Justin from their mission and has met Russell through Justin. So random and such a small world aint it? Sam and I have a tradition of eating Little Caesar's crazy bread on Tuesdays, so that was the reason for his coming by, I was a little preoccupied with blading, but as luck would have it, Sam had some blades just sitting in his trunk, begging to be ridden. He strapped them on and we all bladed on over to the Cesar's, picked up a pizza and some bread, and chilled in the church parking lot next door just blading and eating, and havin' a jolly good time.

Needless to say, it was a WONDERFUL afternoon. Spring has begun to sprung!

We sure are some cool kids aren't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment