Sunday, March 10, 2013

And so it begins.

I was reading my sister-in-law's blog yesterday, and among the hilarious stories she tells about her kids, she mentioned that she decided to give up sugar for a month. She said that it was hard but it was worth it and that she was thinking about giving it up for two. I've "given up" "sugar" for a month before, but I may or may have not broken before the month was over... So, after reading my sister-in-law's testimony, I decided to try it again. 

I thought about doing it for the month of April, but that's when my birthday is, so I didn't want to do that. I thought about waiting 'til May to start, but that's too far away. And how would I be able to guarantee that I'd still want to do it? So, I was in a dilemma...

Just a minute or two later It dawned on me that I didn't have to do a calendar month, but that I could do a certain date to a certain date. So, today is the 10th, and my birthday is on the 10th of next month... perfect. It works out too perfectly to ignore. So, ladies and gentleman, I have officially decided to give up sugar from today, March 10th, 2013, until April 10th, 2013. (it's now in writing so I have to do it right?)

I actually was worried about my dedication to this, and my ability to follow through, but I decided to post my intention to do this on this blog, which will hopefully help me be held accountable a little bit, which will help me with following through.

Here's a little tribute to my favorite sugary things I'm going to miss...

Cookies
Snickers peanut butter squared (thank goodness peanut butter itself isn't sugary or we would have a serious problem)


Ice cream

Ice cream again
Sour patch kids. My favorite candy.
I sure am going to miss this guy...



Strawberry shortcake. Best dessert ever.

I've recently been introduced to Blizzards and my life will never be the same.
Can't wait for April 10th!

Ice cream a third time. I really love ice cream...
It might be the hardest to say goodbye to.

Even Honey Nut Cheerios is pretty sugary...
Gosh dang it this is getting harder and harder...
Cereal is a love of mine, and I just bought three huge bags of it!
Too bad they are all too sugary...
Although it's going to be hard not to eat all these things, I'm sure it will be worth it in the end. Not only will I "hopefully" feel healthier and happier, I will have proven to myself that when I set my mind to it, I can follow through with something. I just hope I remember not to eat any of these things... When I tried this before, I sometimes had nightmares that I accidentally ate sugar! What a disaster...

Well, until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment