Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter

On this Easter Sunday, My thoughts have very much been with my precious angel of a sister, Aubrey, who is in heaven. I am so grateful for her, and for the knowledge that one day, we will be able to embrace each other with bodies of perfected flesh and bone. We will be re-united, not only with one another, but with our spirits will be united with perfect, resurrected bodies. The following is an excerpt from a talk I had the opportunity to give in Jerusalem last year on Easter Sabbath. It was an incredible experience to be able to spend Easter in the holy land, and even more amazing to be able to share my feelings and bare my testimony about the resurrection with so many people that I love so much. 

On Monday January 30th, 1989 at 4:29pm, a beautiful baby girl was born to my mother and father. At the sight of my sister Aubrey’s birth the room was silent. There was no crying. She did not take her first breath. My parents knew that this would occur before Aubrey was delivered, but that did not make this nightmarish reality any less painful for them. The only thing that stifled their pain and hurt was the knowledge that they will be given the opportunity to again see their precious baby girl. They will rejoice in the chance to once again hold that angel in their arms, only this time her body will not be lifeless as it once was. She will be very much alive. She will be perfect, and so will they. Although I have not gotten the chance to meet Aubrey in this life, she is still familiar to me, I know her.  I know that before I came here to this earth, Aubrey and I lived together in heaven. I am so incredibly grateful for the knowledge that after my time on this earth is spent, Aubrey and I will both be restored to perfect physical bodies, and will have the opportunity to live together forever, not only as spirits, but as physical beings. How sweet is the thought of one day returning to where Aubrey was buried to find her grave lacking of a body to fill it, and being told by Christ, “She is not here, for like unto me, she has risen.”

I know that Jesus Christ lives and that he is my literal Savior, Redeemer, and Brother. I know that he loves me more than I can even begin to fathom and that he will never guide me astray, nor leave me comfortless. I know that Christ made the choice to come to this earth, to live as he did and to die on the cross so that I might have the opportunity to rely on him and his sacrifice, and be rid of every one of my sins. I know that Christ's life and ministry did not end with his mortal death. I know that he was once again resurrected and I know that the same can, one day, happen for me. I love my Savior and I am grateful for all he's done, and continues to do for me. 

I know he lives.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE reading your blog! Once I start reading I just can't stop! It's so addicting!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Jen! That seriously makes me feel so good. I'm honestly flattered.

    Love you too!

    ReplyDelete